Another storytelling technique you can use to build social media engagement is characterization.
Characterization builds empathy between the reader and your post or feed/series of posts. But how do you do that?
Characterization is built by revealing personal details. It's in the advice to "be personal", but we can expand on that idea to give real depth to a personal or business brand. You can give your brand a character. You can reveal its struggles, its growth pains, its strengths. The keys to fast characterization are markers. Where are you based, how old are you, who are your members, what do you do, how do you enjoy life, what do you value, what do you wear? These are just seven markers of a character. Think about how you can use yours to give your posts character. And supercharge engagement with your followers.
Thursday, March 29, 2012
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
1. Think coalitions, new working teams. Choose home workers, part time workers, others based on talent, drive and results.
2. Become resilient through local funding first, investment in people, support networks.
3. Your greatest innovators may not even work for you, they may be your customers, your suppliers or your support network.
4. If you are a dinosaur, learn to dance. Don't wait. Don't be afraid of looking stupid. Otherwise you'll end up on the sidelines while the rest are at a party.
5. Offer clear value. Make it obvious.
6. Invest in your education. Do courses. Do them online, offline or inline. But do them.
7. Listen to your talent. Top down decision making is stone age thinking. Experiment with ideas.